OPENCAR WEB SITE STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
PLEASE READ THIS STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRACTICES CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Effective Date: March 30, 2015
This statement of privacy practices describes OpenCar Inc.’s (“OpenCar, “we”, or “us”) practices with respect to collection, use, and disclosure of personal information at the OpenCar web site (“Site”). By using the Site, you signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
- Application. This statement only applies to the information you provide to OpenCar through the Site. It does not apply to information collected by OpenCar through other means or by third parties linked in any way to the Site. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, any third party’s collection, use, disclosure, or retention of the personal information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this statement.
- Changes to this Statement of Privacy Practices. We will occasionally update this statement. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the "Effective Date" date at the top of this statement. We recommend that you check the Site from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this statement or any of our other policies.
- What Is Personal Information? In general, your personal information means information by which you, as an individual, can be identified. It includes information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, company and e-mail address. Your personal information includes sensitive personal data, which is information as to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offenses and involvement in criminal proceedings.
- Information That You Manually Provide. We collect and you intentionally provide through the Site personal information when you post it to the Site or send it to us, including but not limited to when you create an account on the Site or contact us regarding employment opportunities. It is your choice whether to provide personal information to OpenCar. Some information must be provided in order to participate in certain services, features, programs or activities, so the decision not to provide information may limit or eliminate certain functions of the Site or your ability to participate. The types of personal information that OpenCar tends to request about you include, but are not limited to: your name and email address, and resumes (from job applicants). Unless we expressly ask for sensitive personal information, you should not supply it. For example, don’t send us a social security number simply because it is in your employment resume; remove it before submitting your resume.
- Information You Provide About Yourself While Using the Site. We provide areas on our Site where you can share information about yourself and others and communicate with others, including but not limited to through developer forums. Through the Site you may post messages and comments to forums. If you post comments to any forum offered by us on the Site, your comments may be viewable by all visitors that access the Site and your user name will be posted along with your comment. Once you post a comment to a forum offered by us on the Site, you may not be able to delete the comment. We encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to including your personal information in comments you post or other public portions of the site.
- Information From Other Sources. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.
- Information Automatically Collected. The Site may automatically collect certain information from users through the use of “cookies” and other tracking mechanisms. Information automatically collected may include, but is not limited to: your domain name and host for Internet access; the Internet address of the site from which you came; the date and time you access the Website; your computer or device’s IP address and information about its operating system, browser and host. We may use this information for any lawful purpose, including, for example, using your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Site, to help identify you and to gather broad demographic data. You may choose to decline cookies or other tracking mechanisms if your browser or system permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Site.
- Accuracy of Information You Provide. When you supply personal information to us, you agree to supply accurate information only, and agree that we may assume and rely on it. If we provide means for you to update your information, you agree to update the information to keep it accurate.
- Information about Others. By submitting personal information about others, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so, that you have made this statement of privacy practices available to the person about whom you supply the information, and that you have obtained that person’s consent to this statement.
Use of Information.
OpenCar uses personal information it collects to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our Site and to engage in related
activities. This may include but is not limited to: storing information about you in connection with your profile so that we can recognize you when you
access your account; contacting you about applications and other submissions you have (or appear to have) made; presenting information to you about new
OpenCar programs, products, and services; disclosing personal information to service providers and others in order to deal with requests and questions
from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, and investigate Site activity; and disclosing information to government
regulators, law enforcement authorities and alleged victims of identify theft (including voluntary disclosures). This statement of privacy practices is
not a promise that your information will never be disclosed except as described above; we reserve the right to use, disclose, retain, share, sell and
otherwise deal with all information collected via the Site internally or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others.
We may combine the personal information you provide to us with information we receive from or about you from other sources and use combined information as allowed by law. We may also rely on information you provide in order to make hiring and other decisions. You acknowledge and agree that we may process your personal information outside your jurisdiction of origin.
We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to obtain a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least 3 business days before the response deadline.
- Disclosure of Information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Normal site operation: When you use the Site other users of the Site may see your username when you post to the Site including comments you post in developer forums. For more details on information you provide when using the Site see Section 6.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the Site functionality, and other features offered through the Site. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other situations: We also may disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to obtain a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least 3 business days before the response deadline.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- If OpenCar files for bankruptcy or merges with another company, or if OpenCar decides to buy, sell, or reorganize all or a part of its business, OpenCar may disclose your personal Information, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
10210 NE Points Dr.
Kirkland, WA 98033
ATTN: General Counsel